Okay, a light dusting of snow outside…BUT our hearts are warm.
Here’s what’s coming up – if you have questions about anything here, email Rachael or call the church office.
- Wednesday Midweek is DONE for the year. What a great year we had, too! Make sure to thank all those great leaders you had this year.
- LIGHTSHINERS WILL MEET next Wednesday, 5/8. Pizza provided.
- No cookout next week. With busy schedules, this doesn’t seem to be the best time for everyone.
- CONFIRMATION this Sunday, 5/5 at the 11:00am worship service. A reception at 9:45am in Fellowship Hall. Come support our friends!
- Sunday School will run through 5/19.
- Starting on Sunday 5/26, there will be one Sunday morning service at 9:30am. Come check it out.
- Sunday, June 2 will be GRADUATE Sunday. Come on out to celebrate our friends who are graduating this year!
- FIESTA – Saturday May 18, 5:00pm. Cost is $9. Authentic Mexican food and awesome music!
- Wesley UMC Serving – Saturday May 18, 9am-1pm. We need youth and adults to help with serve the hungry in Minneapolis! Let Rachael or Ross D. know if you can help!
- THIS SUMMER – Urban CROSS Mission Trip (June 9-15), Northern Pines Camp (June 15-21), Youth BWCA trip, South Dakota Mission Trip! Opportunities EVERYWHERE – get connected!
Sunday February 24, 2013
Meet at NHUMC after the second service (12:15pm). We’ll grab lunch and head to Saint Paul for the 2pm game and take in some LAX action. It is guaranteed to be a great afternoon.
Cost to you: $15/ticket
(that is about 1/3 the price of the regular ticket!)
Friends, Siblings, Parents, Mentors, etc. are all welcome!
If we get 40 people in our group, we can choose a very cool experience – either create the team tunnel at the beginning of the game OR have a meet and greet with players after the game!
To reserve your tickets, return the following to Rachael along with your payment (checks to NHUMC). Get your payment in early to make sure you get a spot! Tickets will be for sale until we run out of seats.
A mailing is on its way to you later this week. Meanwhile, here is all the STUFF that will be in it, in case you like your info electronically!
2013 Mission Trips Info Flyer
2013 Mission Trips Registration Form
2013 Spring Mailing
2013 Spring Weekly Activities
2013 Spring Retreat
There WILL be a Dakotah Lock-In this year. Get registered right away for the fun! You need to register by NOVEMBER 28 so that I can make sure to have enough chaperones. PARENTS and YOUNG ADULTS – CAN YOU HELP CHAPERONE, PLEASE?
Here is the PAPERWORK (also being mailed to you today):
2012 Dakotah Flyer and Forms
Here are the details:
2012 Dakotah! Lock-in
Friday December 7
9:00pm – 6:00am
For youth in grades 6-12
ALL CHECKS payable to “NHUMC”
Register by November 28th
Registration begins at 9:00pm at St. Ed’s Catholic Church.
Live Music and Gathering Time at 9:15pm.
Buses will depart from St. Ed’s at 10:30pm.
Pickup Saturday from 5:00 – 6:00am at St. Ed’s
Church of St. Edward
9401 Nesbitt Ave S
Bloomington, MN 55437
Bring all your belongings in a bag LABELED with your name.
What does it mean to EXPECT A MIRACLE? The NHUMC Senior High Sunday School class has an idea – we want to bless the lives of kids in Sierra Leone who need shoes and school supplies. Each year, the class has held a bake sale to raise funds.
This year, the Sunday School class decided to ask God for a miracle and to EXPECT God to use them to make the miracle happen. In prayer and discussion, the
group determined that raising $2000, double their highest bake sale profits ever, would be miraculous.
Can you help? Do one or more of the following -
1. Bring some baked goods for the sale and drop them off in Fellowship Hall by 9am THIS SUNDAY, November 18.
2. Buy some treats THIS SUNDAY at the Bake Sale and make a donation to Operation Little Big Foot, for kids in Sierra Leone.
3. Make a personal donation to an NHUMC Sr. High SS student to bring to class THIS SUNDAY. Our students are challenging themselves to each raise $100 this week to contribute to our totals.
This group of students has prayerfully asked GOD for a miracle. Mike Slaughter says, “Every miracle of God is conceived in the heart of a believer, grows in conviction and clarity, and then is delivered through a committed action.”
Will you be a part of God’s miracle this Sunday at NHUMC?
THIS SUNDAY, November 18 after church (12:15pm):
We’ll grab lunch at Subway and head to SkyZone for jumping! RSVP to Rachael if you plan to attend so that we have enough drivers. If your parent is willing to drive, let Rachael know. Grades 6+. Bring $12 for jumping plus lunch money. We will be back to church around 3 or 3:30pm.
You need a SIGNED waiver to jump: http://minneapolis.skyzonesports.com/Portals/10/SZ%20Waiver%20NEW%20Oct.pdf
We had a great trip to SuperFARM last month! Now it’s almost the middle of OCTOBER already. Here’s what is coming:
NO MIDWEEK on WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 17.
MEA DAY OF SERVICE – FRIDAY OCTOBER 19. Meet at church at 10am and we’re going to go do some yard work for a church family who really needs our help. We’ll have pizza for lunch and probably finish up early in the afternoon. If you’re in town that day, this would be a great day to use part of your break from school to serve others. Sign up by commenting here or on Rachael’s office door ASAP.
ORCHARD ADVENTURE – SUNDAY OCTOBER 21. We’ll leave after church and go over to Minnetonka Orchards for hayrides, corn maze, apples, pumpkins, etc. Bring a packed lunch for the car ride and $5 for admission plus some spending money for the extra stuff. Sign up by commenting here or on Rachael’s office door ASAP! We need at least 5 people to sign up in order to go.
NO MIDWEEK OCTOBER 31 (Halloween).
In November we’re very busy – Consecration Sunday brunch, Simpson Housing Fall Festival, Serving at Wesley UMC, an outing to Subway and SkyZone, a Senior High Bake Sale to benefit Sierra Leone, a Thanksgiving Eve worship service, Feed My Starving Children, and Babysitting for church families on a Sunday Afternoon! Mark your calendar for one or many of these activities and watch for sign ups on Rachael’s door.
We’re almost through September, and summer has waved goodbye. Things are off to a great start at NHUMC – we’ve had such a busy month!
We had a Rally Day picnic, three weeks of Sunday school, MIDWEEK is going strong! We have gone to Wesley and FMSC. You are playing sports and dancing and marching in the band and working on the weekends. Life is in full swing.
Some of us went to a great conference over the weekend called, Girls of Grace. It was pretty amazing with great speakers and music. I think we’ll do that one again!
Meanwhile, coming up: MIDWEEK, Sunday school, the Lightshiners singing in worship on Sunday, and SUPERFARM! All in the next week. Get signed up for SuperFARM with me and I can’t wait to see you around this week.
If you need me, find me on Facebook, email, texting, or in person…I’m here!